DATING HELP & SAFETY TIPS
Speed dating and singles socialising can be great fun and we hope you meet your ideal match at one of our events. We want you to be safe and have fun so please take the time to read the below information before you go on a date outside of our events.
1. DATING SAFETY TIPS
We want to make speed dating and socialising at single nights enjoyable for everyone. To prevent yourself from undesirable contacts we have compiled a list of tips below to help you be on the safe side. As stated in our terms and conditions of use, we do not conduct background checks of any nature, nor do we conduct criminal checks on any user so you must be responsible for your own use of our Services and events safely.
Always Trust Your Instincts
- · If at any point you feel unsafe or uncomfortable, stop communicating with the person for your own safety and protection.
Don’t Provide Personal Information
- · Never give out your full name, home address, telephone number or any other sensitive personal information that you do not want other people to know. We will only pass on your email address if you ask us to and your match has reciprocated this request.
- · Even with just your home phone number, a person can easily gain access to your income information, home address, and even learn the value of your home so be careful as to what information you initially disclose.
- · At our events we do our best to provide a safe dating environment for you and others.
- · If you choose to meet up, or talk to someone out with the safety of our events please be careful.
- · You can reduce your risk if you meet your dates in a busy, well-lit public place.
- · You may also want to meet up with a friend –try a double date-it could be fun!
- · Let someone know where you are going, how you are getting there, when you are expected to arrive and when you are expected home. Tell them where you are at regular intervals on your date.
- · Never arrange for your date to pick you up at home or to arrange your transport home.
- · Always carry a mobile phone if you have one.
- · If you feel uncomfortable you should remove yourself from the situation.
Enjoy dating and have fun- just make sure you are sensible and safe!